161 Days of Continuous Riding.

…204 Days to go.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

1.29.2011 Ride: Sunrise Ride


The warm spell continues and the high is supposed to be 67-69 later today. But at 6:30 this morning, with the temp at 44, the bike was calling.  I especially like to jump on the bike early after a day of long riding as I get a good indication of how my body is feeling.  This is important with a long ride coming up.  Getting on the bike was easy.  Riding was easy.  What a beautiful morning.  No wind, a thin crescent moon in the sky.  Surprisingly, my butt wasn't sore as I expected it would be.  At the end of one road, I saw two coyotes that quickly ran off and had no intention of sticking around long enough for me to take a picture.  I waited about two minutes for the sun to emerge in the photo.  Not a spectacular sunrise but wonderful all the same.  Within 15 minutes the reddish glows were completely gone and the sun was a stark white.
Todya's Ride:  12.27miles.  43 degrees.  Miles YTD: 552.32

No comments:

Post a Comment