161 Days of Continuous Riding.

…204 Days to go.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

1.26.2011 Ride: Reality Monument

I normally see this structure when I do the ride over Round Mt.  However, I was surprised to notice this building a few weeks back along the ride I did again today, which takes me into the mostly undeveloped Waterford development.  There, across the river and up the hill she/he/it was.  Suddenly, I realized that another development where some friends live, was also located just across the river from where I was standing. What a curious feeling as if the universe had just shrank.  It made me rethink what we take for granted for being true.  How easily our perception of the truth could be changed and our beliefs shown to be false.
Whenever I pass this building, I'm never quite sure what to think of it.  An elaborate barn?  Interesting house?  Sometimes I wonder if it's supposed to look like the Shuttle spaceship.  But now, it has also become a  monument to questioning if what we think is true, really is.
I did meet the owners of this building one time when I was riding up Round Mt.  The building was still under construction and it didn't have the tail yet.  They said I should come by when the place was finished.  Hmm.  There is another possibility.  They did seem religious so maybe it's some sort of cathedral but there is no sign by their driveway signifying that.
Today's Ride:  20.1 miles.  Sunny, 15mph wind from WSW.

No comments:

Post a Comment