161 Days of Continuous Riding.

…204 Days to go.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

1.30.2011 Ride: Patrick, the Egg Man

 After a full morning of running errands and getting back home at 2:00,  and being tired from all the riding the past two days, it was a bit difficult getting motivated to go riding.  I immediately came across my neighbor Steve when I rode out (a missed photo blog op) and had no trouble procrastinating and talking with him a few minutes.  He is a biker also but likes racing.  I'm always amazed at the speed racers are able to maintain over a long distance. 
The day was gray and damp and I guess the picture of the dilapidated barn conveys the low-key feeling I was experiencing.  I was surprised that at about the 10 mile mark in my ride today I really perked up and the damp, cool air actually felt refreshing.  The rest of my ride in the nieghborhood moved along rather effortlessly and I stopped only because I had to get home to make dinner.  During the last mile, my phone rang.  I didn't answer it but it turned out to be my neighbor Patrick letting me know that his chickens did indeed lay a full dozen eggs.  So, on the way way home I paid a visit to the Egg Man.  Interestingly, the picture of the barn above was probably an old chicken coop.
Patrick, the Egg Man.  The freshest dozen eggs in town!

Today's Ride: 18.33 miles.  43 degrees.  8mph wind.
Miles YTD:  583.81

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this may be the first time I've been featured in a blog!
    Good luck with your 2011 goal. We will be watching and cheering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome, Patrick! Let me know if you have any extra, and maybe Philip can deliver them to me! (those eggs would end up costing me $20 a dozen, right?)

    ReplyDelete