161 Days of Continuous Riding.

…204 Days to go.

Friday, April 15, 2011

4.15.2011 Ride

The other day as I marked off 100 days of riding, I mentioned doing so through snow, sleet, rain and whatever else winter brings.  And, while I may have encountered gusts up into the 30s, I have never ridden in a base wind of 40mph gusting into the 50s.  That's what Jeff, my new biker friend who started in Germany and is headed for California, woke up to this morning in Lakin, Kansas.  While we had relatively very nice biking weather here yesterday, he was riding through 25mph winds, rain, hail, a high of only 35 with a wind chill of 23.  I texted Jeff this morning to see if he will even be able to ride today.  I think I would stay put and wait for the calmer winds tomorrow and the higher temperatures.  When Jeff was here, we talked about how Kansas makes for a long bike ride not even anticipating the harsh conditions of yesterday and today. ou can follow Jeff's progress through the following link: http://www.spotadventures.com/user/profile/?user_id=58752.

A short ride this morning as I finish preparing for the Texas trip.  Rachel has a Teen Leadership luncheon I will be attending, then a few more errands to run before heading back home, packing and meeting Ted at 5:30 for our ride to Denton, TX.


47 degrees here this morning with a good wind but nothing close to 40 or even 30mph.

A couple of shots down the Big Hill area of my neighborhood.

It's interesting how even the smallest of "waterfalls" has an appeal.  


Plant Power.  Amazing, the strength of such a small plant to crack through the asphalt.


Today's Ride: 61mins.  9.41 miles.  47 degrees.  16mph wind.  Miles YTD:  1,960.08

No comments:

Post a Comment