161 Days of Continuous Riding.

…204 Days to go.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

6.1.2011 Ride: Inner Sanctum

A busy and long day so I plan on keeping this short this evening. 

I knew I would ride in the afternoon while Rachel was at soccer practice but I've really enjoyed riding with the rising sun so I hopped on the bike in the morning for a quick jaunt.  The sky was grey with just a bit of light peeking through in the east and I did not anticipate a repeat of yesterday's performance.  Some very lightly fluffed rose colored clouds hinted at what lay behind them.  A smoked screen that allowed just a very small hint of what was occurring at a very exclusive gathering.  But I knew, I had seen it, been part of it, had been allowed into that inner sanctum where Universes were created.  Today, however, no visitors were allowed and the secrets and magic of that mysterious world were taking place in private.  Even the picture that I took of the clouds failed to come out.  I may not have seen a sunrise this morning but I was not disappointed.


Coming home midday between errands, I saw this shadow of our basketball goal which really captured my attention.



A good 21 mile ride in the afternoon.  I kept my eye out for photo opportunities but I ended up stopping only once.


Today's combined rides: 2hes 25mins.  27.34 miles.  68 degrees,morning.  90 degrees, afternoon.  Miles YTD:   3,397.62

No comments:

Post a Comment