161 Days of Continuous Riding.

…204 Days to go.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

5.10.2011 Ride: Early Ride

Waking up at 3:30 led to a relatively early ride at a casual pace in the neighborhood.  Lots to do today as I prepare for the 3 day jaunt to Little Rock tomorrow, a trip of between 180 - 200 miles.  I'm planning to travel light, thus no laptop to update the blog daily for at least the next two days.  I think it will feel odd not updating but I think it's a good thing for me to take a small break from that routine. 

Only two shots this morning.  One is from the evening walk last night.  It was taken with Tom in mind.

Yes, Colene, I suppose it does look a bit like the contrail from yesterday.  But I still get a thrill from seeing them, especially these thin ones that are way up and look like shooting stars.


The next photo was taken this morning and was taken with Colene in mind since she mentioned shapes in the clouds yesterday.  I distinctly see a flattened face of some kind.  Rachel wasn't so sure.



Here is a close up.


Oh, well.

See you in a couple of days.

Today's Ride: 61mins.  10.36 miles.  71 degrees.  Miles YTD:  2,651.76

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Philip, I was only teasing about the contrails! Ha ha Look back at my photo album on fb called Indian Summer about 7 months ago to see more contrails. Tom and I often have discussions on our walks about what we see in the clouds and we usually don't agree. I do see the eyes in your cloud that reminds me of Casper the friendly ghost. Have a safe trip and we will look forward to your update when you return. May the wind always be at your back!

    ReplyDelete