161 Days of Continuous Riding.

…204 Days to go.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

5.3.2011 Ride:

A few shots from the morning walk in the fog.  Though it was only 37 degrees, there was no wind and it was very pleasant.  The fog added to the calm and stillness of the morning.  Even Lupe, my dog, seemed caught up in the enchantment of the moment.






Seeing the photograph of the yellow flower revealed things I didn't really notice  while taking the shot.  The small dimples of the petal that are opaque and the very tiny beads of water droplets.  This flower is only about 3/8 of an inch across.


Later in the day, I rode to Rachel's soccer game via a very circuitous route so that I could get in more miles.  I was glad that I had taken the pictures earlier in the day because it felt as if it would be a slow photo day and it was.  But, I did have a very enjoyable bike ride.


I felt very fortunate that this woodpecker perched long enough for me to get its picture.  


This was a small spring or well house I came across which is about four feet high.  A steady flow of water was running out of the drain holes beneath the door.  While I stopped to photograph it, a Huskie at the house nearby came strolling over.  She was old and friendly and I think she may have been deaf.  When I got back on the bike, she decided she run alongside me for a bit.



Though rain wasn't in the forecast when I left the house, within 10 minutes of the game starting, we had a downpour that lasted about 30 minutes.  I guess I lucked out on my ride as it stayed mostly sunny the entire time.

Today's ride:  2hrs 59mins.  32.73 miles.  64 degrees.  Miles YTD:  2,542.81

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of the Red-headed Woodpecker. What a neat shot!

    ReplyDelete