161 Days of Continuous Riding.

…204 Days to go.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

2.12.2011 Ride: The Daily Ride Expands

Moving very sluggishly today after 6 hours of driving in the past 24 hours and a lackluster night of sleep.  Though the roads were basically clear, I still stuck to the mountain bike, sans studded tires. I moved sluggishly on the bike as well but the crisp blue day with a temperature of 50 degrees helped move me along.  I was also moved along by the overwhelming number of views to the blog in the past 24 hours, thanks to Ginny at Adventure Cycling.  When I first set this daily ride challenge for myself, I did not think about setting up a blog.  Doing so has been an enjoyable addition to the Daily Ride.  A heartfelt "Thank You" to all who paid a visit.  An added thank you to ab and 2coyotes for their messages.

My wife and I were at an event out-of-town last night.  The thought occurred to me to take a picture for the blog but I didn't have the camera.  Then, I thought, this event isn't part of the bike ride.  Today, while driving home, I thought about that moment some more and how, in an odd way, the event did feel part of my bike ride.  What has evolved is that when I am not riding, it is merely a pit stop to rest, or eat or socialize or to do whatever it is I'm doing until I get back on the bike again to continue my journey.    Very tired, so I am going to keep this short today.  I will add one more picture.  As I returned home from the bike ride today, I caught something odd on the 5 foot high pile of wood chips resting in the yard.  Must be the largest dog bed in town.

Today's Ride:  63 mins.  10 miles. 50 degrees.  Miles YTD:  727.56

A HUGE thanks to John Erwin for his pledge to Biking for Food.

No comments:

Post a Comment