161 Days of Continuous Riding.

…204 Days to go.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

2.19.2011 Ride: History Cut Short

I was all excited about posting today's blog as it was going to be a mini-history of all these obscure locations I rode through. Most of the pictures were of signs.  But, when I arrived home, I ended up being on the phone for 2 hours and I am headed for Atlanta (actually, Fayetteville, GA) tomorrow.  Carol's mom has needed almost constant care and the other siblings living in the Atlanta area are, to put in mildly, a bit burnt out.  I am going to stay with her and help get in-home care set up, hopefully, before I get too burnt out.
Do not fear.  The Daily Ride is not in danger.  Carol's brother Robert is picking me up at the airport and he will have his bike in the back of the van for me to use while I am down there.  The history lesson will have to wiat but I will leave you with a ffew shots that I took today.











This little building is at the corner of Hwy 74 and a county road.  I believe it is used as a school bus stop shelter for kids.  I really like this building because of it what  it represents: parents who care enough about their kids standing out in the cold to go to the trouble to provide a shelter.

Today's Ride:  3 hrs. 37 mins.  Miles:41.08.  64 degrees.  Miles YTD: 885.94

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing Georgia through your rides. Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear the history of the areas you bike in. Love the old buildings - my favorite thing to photograph! - Cary

    ReplyDelete