161 Days of Continuous Riding.

…204 Days to go.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

2.23.2011 Ride: Day 3 Fay GA: Mid-East Peace Plan Signed

All right.  Maybe not a Mid-East Accord but a companion provider agreement has been reached.  Two hours in the morning and two hours in the evening.  The kids would all like if the in-home companion would be there longer and Frances thinks she needs less.  It's a place to start and we will discuss dismantling established settlements at a future date.

This was cause for a celebratory ride, as if I ever need a reason to go ride.  Robert, my brother-in-law, as well as Teresa, the neighbor across the street who checks in on Frances regularly, suggested Lake Horton which is just a few miles from here. For my Fayetteville, AR friend, this turned out to be somewhat equivalent to Lake Fayetteville with paved bike paths, though not quite as extensive.  But still a very, very nice spot.


I quickly did the loops in the park and moved on down the road.  A fairly good breeze was blowing and it was one of those days where it seemed no matter what direction I was riding, the wind was either in my face or coming at me from the side.  Still, it was a beautiful day and I had no complaints.



Fence that caught my eye, especially the grain and decay in the wood.

Could have captured a better image of the above house.  I loved the wrap-around porches on both floors that covered three sides of the house.  I think this house might date back to the 1930s or 1940s. 


This church was in Brooks, GA and built in 1910.  I passed through Brooks on my way out and stopped here coming back in for a small rest.  It was a nice place to stop and spend a few minutes.

Today's Ride:  Tired, but feeling good.  2 hrs. 23 mins.  Miles: 28.25.  62 degrees. 12-15mph winds.  Miles YTD: 961.66

Plans are to head back home Friday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment