161 Days of Continuous Riding.

…204 Days to go.

Friday, February 18, 2011

2.18.2011 Ride: A Visit to the Outdoor Sculpture Museum

Today is a day of much needed "rest."  Rest, in this case, means a very light ride and minimal time spent on the blog.  A pleasant, yet at the same time functional, bike ride as I rode down to the Mission/Crossover intersection (about 6 miles as the bike indirectly flies) to meet someone and sign papers.  Along the way, I came across Yogi Bear on Oakland-Zion Rd.. 


Yogi reminded me of two other chainsaw stump sculptures that have been around for many years but I now take for granted.  In their heyday, the two eagles donned glistening dark-brown feathers.










Touring Bike I Came Across on Oakland-Zion Rd.
This is my favorite sculpted piece that I saw today.  Ironically, I pass it several times a week when I ride as it is in my neighborhood.  For some reason, it really caught my eye today.

Today's Ride: 77 mins.  Miles 13.45. 60 degrees.  Miles YTD: 844.86

No comments:

Post a Comment