161 Days of Continuous Riding.

…204 Days to go.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

3.10.2011: Weary Low

Yesterday was cloudy and dreary while today was sunny and bright.  But it feels as if the body has hit a low point.  And, while yesterday, despite the grey, there was an exhilaration while riding, today, despite the sun, the body dragged heavily. 
Luis & Jorge
I decided to drive over to the Botanical Garden entrance of the Lake Fayetteville trail and set off from there. People contact seemed important on this low-feeling day.  There weren't too many people out but while crossing the dam, I passed a father playing chase with his son.  When I turned around, they were sitting on the bench on the bridge and I stopped to ask if I could get their picture.  Our short exchange helped bring some energy into this tired body.  I like the little twist of the mouth that Luis has in the picture, as if he isn't quite sure he approves of the situation.




I stopped to take a couple of other pictures of shadows but they didn't come out very well.  Near the end of my ride, I passed Tom a second time and we stopped to chat.
We know each other from riding with the Ozark Roadies.  Tom has a couple different recumbent bikes and I'm always amazed how fast they can be. 

By the end of an hour, I was finally beginning to feel warmed up but I knew I really needed to keep the ride to the minimum, my version of a day of rest. 

Tomorrow, we are headed to Little Rock for a couple of Rachel's soccer games.  It will be nice to have a change of venue for a couple of days.  I'm hoping to get in at least a 30 mile ride tomorrow.  Also, because of the late game time, it will mean a very late posting.

I'm keeping it short and sweet today.






Today's Ride: 62 mins.  10.72 miles.  50 degrees. 12-18mph winds.  Miles YTD: 1,243.43

No comments:

Post a Comment