161 Days of Continuous Riding.

…204 Days to go.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

3.3.2011 Ride: The Locksmith Cometh

First, let me thank John for lending me his ear while I rambled on like a zombie on the phone this morning, tax time and all.  It did help get the juices flowing in my sleepy body..
Another quick ride, another day where I cannot spend much time trying to update the blog. 
I combined my ride with doing handyman work at a renal house where I needed to change three locks for the new tenant.  With the pannier bags packed with tools and new locks, I felt as if I should have a sign hanging off the side: PZ's Lock & Key or some such.



Along the way, I passed Paula working on her flower beds.  We have known each other for many years as our daughters have played soccer together.  She is also a bike enthusiast which I imagine she got from her parents who have done extensive biking.  Whenever her parents are in from Iowa, I always end up trading biking stories with her dad.





At the house, Tina's cat was a bit cautious at first, but she quickly warmed up to me and sat with me as I changed the locks.  She made good company as I struggled with the third lock. It took some trial and error before I finally realized that the original strike plate on the door jamb was not installed properly.  She patiently sat on the window sill or the couch until I had it figured out.






Yellow swing-chair in front of house on Hwy 45.  I didn't notice the bird sculpture when I was taking the picture.  It seems to be having a conversation with the bench.  I also didn't notice the daffodils when I was taking the picture.







For the Record.  This blog has been viewed 1,314 times since it started back in the third week of January.  The United States represents the vast majority of the views but there have also been views from Canada, China, Russia, Portugal, Italy, The Netherlands,Germany, The United Kingdom and Singapore.  I love receiving comments from everyone but would especially enjoy receiving a quick comment from any of the viewers from these other countries just letting me know who you are.

A wonderful big thanks to Walter Reeves (my brother-in-law) for his generous donation to Biking for Food.  For those who happen to be viewing this from the Georgia area, yes, this is THE Walter Reeves, the gardening man who you can hear on radio and see on TV.

Today's Ride:  65 mins.  Miles: 10.97.  65 degrees.  15mph winds.  Miles YTD: 1,097.31.

No comments:

Post a Comment