161 Days of Continuous Riding.

…204 Days to go.

Friday, March 4, 2011

3.4.2011 Ride


Rode early this morning and I passed the pasture with the tall wheat-like grass waving in the wind.  The delicate strands made for a good image in the hazy sunrise but I knew I would never be able to capture what my eye was seeing.  Instead, I opted for this close up image with the filtered light behind which captured the essence of what I was after.
I'm glad I got my ride in early as the wind has picked up mightily since this morning.  Another busy day with another soccer game at 5:30 with a 90% chance of rain at game time. 
I was tempted to do the Big Hill several times this morning in preparation for the 75 mile ride Sunday which includes 9.5 miles of almost continuous uphill on the back end.  But, this body is weary and an easier ride seemed in order.
My other challenge this morning as I rode my very familiar neighborhood surroundings, is coming up with new images. It


tends to make the total time I'm out longer as I stop looking for interesting shots.  The fence and trees is one that I am very pleasantly surprised with. I originally stopped to take a picture of the fence and as I was lining up the shot, the trees completely changed the composition making it much more interesting.  I also like how that one rail of the fence glides over the roof of the barn at the same angle.







For the barbed wire fence shot, I laid down flat on the ground to make sure all the wires had the sky for a back drop.  I think it is interesting that when this shot is viewed with the wires running vertically, it has a much different and, to me, a bit more ominous feel.


Today's Ride: 61 mins.  Miles: 11.35.  55-62 degrees.  13mph winds.  Miles YTD: 1,108.66

A BIG thanks to Anne & Scott O'Leary-Kelly for their donation to Biking for Food. 
A note to those sticklers for the truth:  The riding time clock stops when I stop to take pictures (or for any other reason).  Riding time minutes is just that, time riding on the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment