161 Days of Continuous Riding.

…204 Days to go.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

3..16.2011 Ride: Destination: FHS vs BHS Soccer

A very busy day, starting with the Community Meals in the morning.  As always, a very enjoyable experience even if I was dragging and feeling tired.  Seemed as if I wasn't the only one.  The time change this past week?
At first, I thought I would ride and meet Carol at school then drive up with her to the soccer game.  But, then, I thought, it's such a beautiful day and I have time to ride all the way up to Bentonville, about 30 miles.  I headed there via Habberton Road and stopped at the cemetery I always pass at the very beginning of the road.  I find it interesting that a marker of an infant who only lived one day seems to convey so much more history than a marker of someone who lived a full life.
I seemed to be in for a good ride.  The wind would be primarily at my back, which was a good thing since it was blowing at about 15mph.  That is, of course, if I could ever get myself going.  The "carry out one piece of trash" campaign seemed to have my eyes glued to the shoulder.  I knew I would never get my eyes away from there if I didn't go ahead and stop and pick something up.


Obviously, I'm not a very loyal Marlboro Man.


Couldn't just stop at one piece of trash.  Flattened out, not even noticed.


All right.  I could move on and be distracted by other things such as horses and barns.
Guy Terry Rd.  At the base of a very steep hill.














After the barn, I moved from the rural roads to busier roads and through the heart of Springdale.  I passed a white van with this sticker.  If we lived in Buffalo, NY, I wouldn't have thought twice about it.  Or in the Midwest.  But here in northwest Arkansas, buffaloes aren't really part of our history.  I'm not sure why this sticker strikes me as so humorous.  Carpets made out of buffaloes? 





And, right across the street was this "vehicle."  Again, maybe it's my warped sense of humor but I'm just imagining calling on this vehicle to make a 24 hour emergency service call when it is in need of some emergency assistance itself.
Okay.  Back to the barns.





On Shady Grove Rd. between Springdale and Lowell.


Window of old two story house on Garrett Rd. in Rogers.

Hebron Rd church between Rogers and Bentonville.  It's the open door on the right that caught my attention and I feel makes the picture.

29 miles later, I'm in Bentonville, but I keep riding to add some miles.  I happened to pass the FHS team as they were warming up before the game.
Unfortunately, they lost 2-0.  But, hey, we still love them.

During the game, I offered to watch Will while Michelle kept up with Will's 3 year-old sister, Samantha.  He has a face that was too cute to pass up.


Today's ride was great in large part to the wonderful tailwind.  2hrs 36mins.  33.35 miles.  68 degrees-Yeaaa!!!  15mph wind.  Miles YTD:  1,374.98

No comments:

Post a Comment