161 Days of Continuous Riding.

…204 Days to go.

Friday, March 18, 2011

3.18.2011 Ride

Very tired today and definitely an "off" day.  Even stopping for the one piece of trash seemed like quite the effort.
Yesterday, there was one picture in particular I wish I had a way of capturing.  On the bike trail around Lake Fayetteville, I passed a woman walking towards me who was tightly clutching a quart size water bottle to her chest.  She was in her 40s and she had a rather severe look on her face.  About 100 feet past that woman, I passed another woman, in her young 20s, who had a worried look on her face.  She looked behind her as I passed, as if she was observing someone further back.  Another 100 feet or so later, I passed a man, in his 40s, who seemed to have a concerned look on his face and he was staring intently toward the section of the trail where the first woman was walking.  Suddenly, these three people who, at first glance, seemed to have nothing to do with one another because of the distance between them, formed a picture and I wished I had a way of capturing it with one shot.

A destination ride of sorts today.  Rode down to Harp's to get a few bananas.  Feeling the way I did today, having a destination made the ride go easier.  I passed these Adirondack chairs in front of a home that was set back from the road.  I had to ride up a long gravel driveway to get in a position to take the shot.  A small dog barking from the other side of the neighbor's fence on one side and then the barking of a small dog coming from the small modest home of the driveway I was in.  I took the shot and then I was on my way.

Since I've been doing the Daily Rides this year, I keep waiting to include Angie who works at Harp's.  It seemed the times I have biked there, I missed her for one reason or another.  Today was a good day to catch her as it certainly lifted my spirits seeing her there today. It turns out that we have known each other for 7 years in a cashier/customer relation.  I enjoy chatting with her as I check out and when I did my AR-GA trip, I would send her the occasional post card as I crossed state lines. I especially thought of her as I passed within 30 miles of the Talladega Speedway in Alabama as she is a big NASCAR fan.

I'll have an early and possibly wet ride tomorrow as we will be getting ready to head out of town.

Today's Ride: 1hr 34mins. 16.05 miles.  72 degrees. 12mph wind.  Miles YTD: 1.418.31

Today's Litter Haul         

No comments:

Post a Comment