161 Days of Continuous Riding.

…204 Days to go.

Friday, March 25, 2011

3.25.2011 Ride: Tea for Two



A lower layer of fast moving clouds against the backdrop of the more stationary upper layer of clouds made for a very interesting canvas on my early morning walk.



I like the subtle pastels and sense of calm in contrast the very dark shroud in the upper right.


What I find fascinating about these images is that they were taken within a 1 -2 minute span of time in different parts of the sky. 






As I was preparing to get ready to do the ride this morning, Rachel asked if I wanted to do something together.  I asked her if she would like to ride together.  She paused, thinking about it.  I said we could ride on the bike trail to that tea room restaurant, have something to eat and head back.  She was game.

We drove to the Botanical Gardens, which would make for about a 20 mile round trip.








Rachel spied this graffiti inside the tunnel of the trail that passes beneath the Interstate.  She thought it was a rather ironic thing to spray paint on the wall.









We didn't have tea but we did have a very nice late lunch at The Trail Side Cafe.  I meant to get a picture of Rachel standing in front, but Carol called that she was about to get on a flight, which meant we had to hoof it back so that I could go pick her up.  Thus, I completely forgot about the picture.


But still, we made a point of stopping for the one piece of litter pick up.









We debated whether this cup counted as one or three pieces since it also had a straw and a lid.  For good measure, I also picked up a Bic lighter.














Hanging loose in the tunnel.











Back at the Botanical Gardens after a very enjoyable outing together.






Today's Ride: 2hrs. 11mins.  21.34 miles.  57 degrees.  Miles YTD: 1,531.82

No comments:

Post a Comment