161 Days of Continuous Riding.

…204 Days to go.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

3.20.2011 Ride: Back in Fayetteville, GA

Whew!  Talk about a long day. Started this morning in Dallas.  I met Leola at TGI Friday's who was hawking at the door for breakfast business.  After we ate, I talked with her a few minutes and discovered she has a 1 & 3 year old, and is studying to be a nurse.  I think she may have another job as well.  Good luck in your pursuits, Leola!. 




Carol's brother, Walter, met us at the airport and I was unexpectedly happy to see a bike crammed into the rear compartment.  Since he has been sick, this was really appreciated.  And, since he was sick, he was also a bit out of it, so we missed a couple of turns along the way to grandma's house making the day just a tad longer.







And, thank you Teresa and Jim, Frances' neighbor, for having Jim's bike waiting for me at the house when we got there.  Yes, I have become a bit neurotic about wanting (needing?) to make sure that a bike is waiting for me at a new destination.







Not having much time, I kept the ride to the minimum.  On my loop back to Frances', I came across this old house.

I liked it so much that I decided to take several shots and feature it today.



Trident Lightning Rod
Detail of Roof Ornament
When I got back to the house, I asked if anyone knew about it.  As it turned out, the house belonged to Mabel (pronounced May Bell) and Rufus and Mabel helped take care of Frances' five children for about 10 years as Frank and Frances struggled themselves to make a living.  Carol described her as tall, thin and standing proud, even though they had little money.  Walter added that she was a woman not to be messed with. Mable and Rufus had no children of their own.   There are a couple of stories Walter told me as I drove him home about Mabel that I would like to pass on, but given how late it is, they will have to wait.

Today's Ride:  65mins.  11 miles.  65 degrees.  Miles YTD: 1,440.45


It's a funny thing but Georgia's litter looks a lot like Arkansas'

No comments:

Post a Comment