161 Days of Continuous Riding.

…204 Days to go.

Monday, March 14, 2011

3.14.2011 Ride: Light Drizzle

One would think that at 6:45 AM, with a light drizzle, 12mph northerly wind and only 41 degrees, the last thing a person would be eager to do is hop on one's bike.  And that would be the case, except that was supposed to be the warmest part of the day with the chance of showers increasing later in the day as well. As I write this at 12:00 PM the temperature has dropped to 36.
By the time I did get out at 8:00, the temperature was holding relatively steady at 40 degrees. Lupe doesn't usually run with me but perhaps because I was on the mountain bike he decided to come along.  He was good for 2 miles and then called it a day.

Dressed appropriately for the weather, I didn't mind riding in the rain.  On the AR-GA trip, the rain was really welcomed one hot afternoon in the east farm lands of Arkansas.
Picture taking was a bit more challenging today.  I tried to make the rain an advantage, trying to capture shots I wouldn't normally get in dry conditions.  I like this reflection of the mailbox in a puddle, especially the part where the water and asphalt meet.  It looks like the mailbox has shattered into very fine glass particles


A short ride today as it's a busy day.  Here is one last picture of a tree which, again, I must have passed literally a hundred times but happened to catch my eye today.  It is possible that the bark just recently fell off. 

Today's Ride:  60mins.  9.2 miles. 40 degrees 12mph wind. Light drizzle.  Miles YTD: 1,326.54

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy reading your blog each day and seeing the pictures you take. I am amazed at your determination to ride every day. I applaud your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sharon. It's great to get your feedback and support. I truly appreciate you following the blog.

    ReplyDelete