161 Days of Continuous Riding.

…204 Days to go.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

3.15.2011 Ride: Marlboro Man

Erik, from The Ride in Conway, responded to my Conway-LR Ride post where I mentioned all the litter on the side of the road.  He wrote that another bicyclist had the suggestion that we pick up just one piece of trash each time we ride. That seemed like a good idea but even as I took off for my ride this afternoon, I had completely forgotten about it.  Though, it didn't take long for me to see enough reminders along the road to jog my memory.  So, today's photo gallery is my contribution to that campaign.




I never realized that Tequila came in plastic bottles.


Stepped on, crushed and flattened, it fit nicely in my jersey's back pocket.










Back in the neighborhood, I rode down The Big Hill.  It was my first time down there since I set up the chairs in the woods (see 3.8.2011 Ride).  I rode toward them almost expecting that I would find animals or even people sitting in them.  Nothing of the sort, but coming upon the chairs, I found the sight rather amusing and thought I should take a picture.  "Well, you already did," I told myself.
A relatively short ride again today and probably for the remainder of the week as my days are very full, especially as we get ready to leave for Spring Break. 

Today's Ride:  1hr 27mins.  15.09 miles.  50-53 degrees.  Miles YTD:  1,341.63.

A BIG thanks to Alan Reeves for his very generous one-time donation to Biking for Food.  www.stpaulsfay.org/bikingforfood.

No comments:

Post a Comment